- The deposit specified at the time of booking or on the booking form must accompany all bookings. The deposit is not refundable or transferable.
- The final payment for a booking must be made before the booking ends unless arrangements for delayed payment have been made in advance with the Centre Manager. In such cases, the final payment must be made by the date agreed.
- Participants must be physically fit to take part in camps and activities at Cranham Scout Centre and free from any illness or conditions that may render the camp or activity hazardous.
- All information given in any literature produced by or on behalf of Cranham Scout Centre is correct at the time of going to press. It is given in good faith and intended as a guide to accommodation, camping and activity facilities available and may be altered without notice to suit differing seasonal or other conditions.
- For the comfort, health and safety of all concerned, smoking is forbidden during any of the activities. Smoking will only be permitted by persons over 16 years of age and is only permitted out of sight of young people.
- No alcohol may be consumed during any activities. Alcohol may be consumed during leisure time as stated in the programme by persons over the age of 18 years only. Under no circumstances will anyone under the influence of alcohol be permitted to participate in any activity organised by Cranham Scout Centre. Alcohol may only be consumed on your own site or in the building out of site of young people.
- Any and all photographs, videos, or other recorded media may be used by Cranham Scout Centre for marketing or advertising purposes without any payment or compensation being offered. Request for use will always be made to those responsible for those featured during the stay.
- Cranham Scout Centre is covered by all necessary insurances.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to Cranham Scout Centre. In the event of booking being cancelled and that booking cannot be re-let the following charges apply (subject to review in extenuating circumstances):
- At 30 working days notice or less a charge of 20% of the outstanding fee.
- At 20 working days notice or less a charge of 50% of the outstanding fee.
- At 5 working days or less or in the event of a non arrival, the full price of the facilities will be charged.
- Cranham Scout Centre reserves the right to cancel, alter, or delay any camp, course, accommodation or activity where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, such as serious illness, severe weather or any other circumstances which would subject Cranham Scout Centre or any of its employees or participants to danger.
- Cranham Scout Centre reserves the right to send away from a camp or activity, any person who in their judgement is found to be unmanageable or a danger to the safety or enjoyment of others. In this event no refund will be given. Any additional costs and responsibility involved in removing the participant will be borne by the group.
- It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that all areas used by their group are left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of a booking. We reserve the right to charge groups who damage equipment or buildings, or who fail to leave the building in a reasonable condition. Groups will be charged an extra £60 cleaning fee if the building is left in an unsatisfactory condition. Charges for damage will reflect the costs for replacement or repair as necessary.
- Some activities may require the wearing of safety equipment, such as helmets or buoyancy aids. Where such equipment is specified by Cranham Scout Centre, participants must wear it at all times during the activity. Certain activities are only suitable for specific age groups and these age restrictions must be adhered to. Cranham Scout Centre accepts no responsibility when groups fail to adhere to these rules.
- Some activities are potentially dangerous if not skilfully managed. Safety must therefore be paramount and all participants must accept that the decision of the activity instructor is final. Cranham Scout Centre will accept no liability for problems arising from failure to accept and/or respond to the authority and instructions of the instructor.
- If you have any complaint during your booking please notify the Centre Manager or Duty Warden. We will do our utmost to find a speedy and satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution please make your complaint in writing to the Centre Manager within 14 days of the end of your booking.